I finished a 30-day ketogenic diet two months ago.
I lost 20 pounds.
More importantly, I learned what foods were giving me problems. I also now have more energy. And I feel better; fewer aches and pains!
So when I saw Brian Flatt’s 2 Week Diet, my first reaction was, “If I had seen the 2 Week Diet earlier, I could have saved 16 days on my diet!”
What is the 2 Week Diet?
The 2 Week Diet is a ketogenic diet designed to burn fat instead of glucose. It is a step-by-step diet program divided into phases to optimize the ability of the body to efficiently use your stored fat as fuel.
The 2 Week Diet system contains four handbooks:
- Launch Handbook
- Diet Handbook
- Activity Handbook
- Motivation Handbook
The system, based on a restrictive carbohydrate diet, ties all the components together to enable you to lose 8 – 16 pounds in 14 days!
The program is designed to maximize the nutrients your body needs and restrict the rest over a short period of time. The program author describes why there is no single carbohydrate that is an essential nutrient for the body. This diet focuses on replacing carbohydrate-sourced energy with fat (ketogenesis). He goes on to explain how to eat the right things at the right time.
The goal is to have your body burning fat 24/7. Techically, this is ketogenesis.
the biochemical process by which organisms produce a group of substances collectively known as ketone bodies by the breakdown of fatty acids and ketogenic amino acids.
The Launch Handbook
The Launch Handbook is the introduction and background of the 2 Week Diet as well as explanation of the nutrients the body needs and uses. Brian also discusses the roles of proteins, carbohydrates and fats in our bodies. He exposes the myths of many weight loss ideas.
I found the section on metabolism informative. He discusses metabolic rates and how your metabolic rate is dependent on factors such as genetics, age, gender, amount of lean body mass (muscle), diet, stress, and hormone levels.
I can relate to hormone levels and the impact they can have on a body. I was diagnosed with elevated parathyroid hormone (PTH) levels in 2016 and required corrective surgery.
The Diet Handbook
The Diet Handbook is the heart of the 2 Week Diet program. This handbook describes the phases and steps required to lose 8 – 16 pounds in 14 days. The handbook covers what to eat, when to eat, and how much to eat.
You will learn about your Basic Metabolism Rate (BMR), how to measure it, and then apply it in calculating your caloric intake. All designed to make your body a 24/7 fat burning machine.
The Activity Handbook
This handbook is about exercise. Notice the the handbook is not titled Exercise Handbook!
You can lose weight without exercise while your body is in a ketogenic state. But adding some specific activity and exercise to your daily routine will dramatically increase your results.
While I was on my 30-day diet, I did not exercise. I was undergoing physical therapy on my back. So my activities were limited. Yet, I still managed to lose 20 pounds in those 30 days!
The 2 Week Diet promotes daily walks of 20 – 30 minutes first thing in the morning. It also explains why. Other recommended activities include resistance training and cardio exercise. Gym membership optional! In other words you can do this at home if desired.
The Motivation Handbook
This handbook is an eye-opener. It exposes myths about willpower. I think anyone on a diet will run into willpower challenges. I certainly did! The Motivation Handbook is an integral part of the 2 Week Diet. There are a number of tips and ideas that will motivate you to succeed. And better yet, continue succeeding after your 14 days are over.
The Good Things About the 2 Week Diet
There are plenty of good things about the 2 Week Diet:
- Value priced without the requirement for expensive add-ons (there are optional products available)
- The results are quick!
- It is only 2 weeks long (good for that quick weight loss needed for a special occasion)
- You can customize the plan to fit your body type
- Easy-to-follow instructions
- Teaches you about BMR and appropriate calorie levels
- Immediate downloadable program (audio version available)
- Recommended optional supplements to boost results
- Optional continuation program
- 60-day 100% money-back guarantee
The Not so Good Things About the 2 Week Diet Program
No program is perfect. However, this weight loss program should be discussed with a doctor to assess the potential impact to your metabolism and interaction with prescribed medications. Additionally,
- The 2 Week Diet promotes supplements such as Yohimbine that may be hazardous to your health. Before taking any supplement, you should discuss with your doctor. Especially, if you are taking any prescribed medications. Caffeine and nicotine (in the form of gum) are also recommended.
- The statement that “carbohydrates do not provide any nutritional benefit” to the human body is overstated. Additional research is required to determine if severe restriction of dietary carbohydrates is harmless. But carbohydrates are a source of energy for the body.
- To see the weight loss guaranteed requires hard work and adherence to the plan. Sneaking in carbs will sabotage the diet and, more importantly, the results. So no cheating allowed! (My words)
- It won’t work if you don’t work at it.
- Promotes brand specific products for supplementation. (Although, It does save time to buy the recommended products instead of doing the research and finding equivalent products.) But, again, check with a doctor about risk associated with taking any supplementation.
The 2 Week Diet Summary
No diet review is complete with before-and-after diet pictures!
The 2 Week Diet Loses Weight! And wins the battle of the bulge!
Simple to get. Simple to follow. And so easy to love the results!
Listen to these personal testimonies from thankful clients!
If you have comments, any questions or wish to share your experience, please share by leaving a comment below.